Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Trebek makes smart testicle joke

I'm one of the biggest Jeopardy fans that has ever lived (claim not based on research). I get a thrill out of not knowing the answer and verbally reprimanding those who also don't know it, but should because they are on the damn show. I'm just at home, on my couch, with a tall boy, and some Wonder Woman print underwear, and a pizza crust on my gut. I'm not supposed to know the answer.
Anyway, my favorite time of year is when they air Teen Jeopardy, mostly because I know way more of these answers. What's funny is that I think most of the kids on these episodes don't really know the answers anyway, but they make it so goddamn easy to figure it out. For example, the clue will be something like "American author born in 1809 whose name rhymes with Schmo."
Anyway for the second time, I'm digressing in a major way. The entire reason I am writing this post, albeit juvenile and nut-centric, is because last light on Teen Jeopardy one of the categories was Balls. That's it. Just balls. And the funniest part about it was the kids were ringing in "Balls for 1200", "800 Balls please." And the answers were "pingpong balls", "golf balls", you know, any kind of balls. That Trebek. He's so sneaky, so clever, announcing the ball category with that little twinkle in his eye.

Yeah, yeah, I know. It's not that funny. But balls are. And so is this.

No comments: